Monday, July 18, 2011

Two More Weeks

So... I misunderstood when we'd get lab results back. Tomorrow is just a check-up and it may be two weeks before we know for sure about the diagnosis. I'm trying to remain relaxed and calm about this, but of course it is driving me nuts and I'd really, really like to know immediately.

That said, patience is a virtue and hopefully this will give us a little time to think, reassemble ourselves, and return to some sort of normal. I keep trying to remind myself that this is not an end of the world diagnosis and that the main thing is just that our beloved daughter is back to her normal, smiling self, none the worse for the wear.

I apologize to those of you who also thought you'd have a twenty-four hour wait. We'll try to mellow out a bit on our end but to share information as soon as we receive it.

2 comments:

Heidi Haverkamp said...

Thinking of you guys. This sounds like a very difficult time.

Jon said...

Hi Heidi, it's a tough one.I feel like I'm just slowly gathering information but with no resolution.

An interesting example of this mostly unhelpful information gathering: I just learned the B who the syndrome was named after grew up to Anglican missionary parents in the Philippines.