Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 3

This has been a bit of a funny day. Now that Emily isn’t feeding Eva every two hours, I’m trying to get Eli back on his regular feeding schedule (late evening and then early morning). Today was Sam’s performance at the nursery school. I went to that and then spent the afternoon with Eva.

Eva still looks a little funny. Her eyes are puffy and she seems to have slept most of the morning through about two o’clock. For about an hour, she lay on my chest and we both rested. I know it’s been a trial for her, and I hope that she’s getting rested. We can now indeed feel the front bottom teeth and I think one has broken the surface. I’m still really hoping that this was the problem the whole time. She seems to be in good spirits. She’s laughing again and doesn’t object to tummy time, and is back to carefully examining everything she can get her hands on. Right now she’s playing by the bed looking at one of those crinkly kids’ books.

For Eva, this was a rest day in terms of exams. The MRI opens again tomorrow and they gave her a day off from blood exams. We’re really grateful for this actually, because I think she’s still recouping and it wouldn’t hurt to have some time to eat, sleep, and get a bit more intentional time. I think we do a good job caring for three kids, but I do feel bad that sometimes it’s harder to give the unlimited attention each probably needs from time to time.

The loving older brother visits
Gnawing on her crinkly book with her hard-won tooth
The patient
Sleepy but snuggly
Her gymnastics (or taekwondo) career is still promising

No comments: