Friday, December 27, 2013

Legos!








I bought two fairly substantive (= a lot of pieces) lego toys, a lex luthor robot and a wolverine helicopter. Both came with three little figures. The robot was the first assembled. Sam at first said he would never, ever, ever take it apart but then a few minutes later wanted to make changes. After it was in a few big pieces he wanted to put it back together and that's how it is now. 

I delayed on doing the helicopter until today. They also each have a little motorcycle (captain america, cat woman, wolverine). It is hard because Sam's probably the only one who can play with these without taking them apart. I have mixed feelings about the more substantive lego toys. They are really, really cool, and the engineers at lego clearly can do a better job of making a helicopter than, say, I or my five year old can. Still, I also like when they experiement and expect all of the legos to have devolved back to pieces in a few weeks. Eva likes them too and we made an airplane together today. I read somewhere that the bulk of the lego market is boys, and they've even introduced pink girl sets. Not really a fan of that, but also thinking of ways to encourage Eva too. Emily said she didn't play with blocks much when she was little. The red box in the last picture is one from my own childhood. They really are a fun toy. When I get over the diapers, the snot, the early mornings and the late nights, this is a really, really fun age and our kids are having a blast.

Today we took them to gymnastics and they had a really good time. With Sam's group they did the thing where you hang from bars by your knees. I think this is a really good activity for them lately.

I'm still feeling a bit stressed just by all that's happening in our lives, but also excited too. I think if I have course load under control, cut the church responsibilities, and if we have extra help (which now seems likely) it will be a much different spring. Here's hoping!

No comments: