Monday, December 9, 2013

3 Down

I did my conference in mid-November. It was a real change of pace. I did two papers and was part of a group that meets there, and was able to spend about half a week with my uncle Paul and aunt Joan and also a day and a half with Reina. On the way back, I saw Alan for a couple of days, visiting from the base (just a 90 minute flight away). It was an unexpected opportunity to reconnect with several branches of the family and I'm really grateful for the change in pace.

Academic life is a little tougher. I feel like I've come miles, but that I still have quite a ways to go and it's hard to get much flex from my employer. Anyway, this is just to say that we're always in the middle of discernment, but that the answer may become clearer with time.

What else? The kids are all sick. Sam's better and Eli's pretty much back to normal, but Eva has a plugged up nose and would prefer to just sit on someone all of the time. She's currently lodged herself next to me, with her head under my elbow. She definitely still has a fever. Days like these are rough, they just go on and on. The weekend was my most intense too: wedding, sermon on Sunday, speaking at event Saturday morning with Emily.

It will get better, but not immediately. Next semester I am hoping to just have 2-3 classes. I'll see what happens with it.

That's the news. More to follow.

No comments: