Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Twins





Since I recently did a Sam entry, it’s only fair to do one on the twins. This morning they both seemed happy and energetic. Babies have a puppy-like energy to them. Their arms and legs still don’t quite coordinate and they jerk, wave, and stretch in curious combinations. Eli had a small (we think) eye infection, but is doing better. I’ve always had eyes that were prone to allergies, so I wonder if it could be something similar.

Linda, the nanny, started Monday, and, wow, she is a dynamo. Clothes are folded, floors are mopped, babies held and fed. Yesterday Linda even made lunch with enough leftovers for dinner. It’s a big relief for Emily, who as I type this is in the office at school back to work on her dissertation. I think that given evenings and mornings and weekends and sick days we get A LOT of kid time, so I am hoping that, as with the much appreciated grandparent visit, this will mostly insure that all of the kids get a lot of attention and we don’t degenerate into chaos and filth. That’s the hope! Thank you for helping hands, arriving just when they are needed.

What else? I think our American retired friends will probably be leaving in the next few days. It’s been great to have them here. There’s also another teacher’s husband who is American on campus now (an old classmate) and is writing his dissertation. His parents were around, so we are getting lots of time with other foreigners. We’re all keeping on here, and are trying to stay positive. I’m still not working as efficiently as I’d like, and probably shouldn’t be blogging, but I think part of my challenge is still to make sense of all that’s happening around me.

Any baby questions? Here’s some recent pictures from our visit to a friend over the New Year.

No comments: