Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Cam for Sam (well, actually, for Em)





Sam is a lot of fun lately. Here he is (1) in his swing, which stills keeps him occupied, especially the bright lights, (2-4) self-portraits with dad at home, including a massive drool in #4, and (5) one of his first walks outwards-facing. He's so much fun lately. I just love to play with him. I can already see why parents are terrified of their kids growing up. He giggles, plays, and naps his way through the day, and then sleeps like an angel.

The camera is a cheap-ish Kodak c813. It's small, light, and takes pretty good pictures, so I think it was a wise choice. My camera is one of the chunky ones, so it won't fit in Emily's purse.

I'm still working on the big life issues. My dad claims this is another period (late 20s-30s) where you rework your life plan. In my case, it is mostly just trying to figure out what I want long term. (And what God wants, and how they go together, and what that looks like, and, well, you get the idea.) For a part-time job this year, the Buddhists appear to have come through where the Calvinists let me down. I have a part-time precepting gig for Buddhism where I will learn a lot and get some more experience. I hope it goes well. Taiwan is also back in the picture. The denomination will bring us out to interview. I'm not sure what to expect. I think this will go, but if there is a test for every call, this one is a doozy. I'm tired of thinking about it all. Blech! At this point there's not much I can do. I'll work hard on my job/s and keep talking too all parties.

Not much else to say. As I get ready for classes to start, I am thinking of those preparing to wed, wrapping up French, working on "it," and pursuing child adventures. It's been a pretty good summer, actually, and I'm looking forward to the fall. I think 2008-09 could be a fine year.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

The denomination thing would be missionary, right?

Jon said...

Yes. Last year was a bad year--I think we only sent 10 or 12 missionaries. This year there'll be more people and we've refunded. In the last 40 years we've gone from ~2000 to ~200.

more cows than people said...

thanks for the thoughts.

fabulous pics.

glad you're feeling hopeful.