Friday, August 22, 2008

5 months and going strong

Sam was born on Good Friday five months and a day ago. Today he visited the Rutgers library for the first time, and charmed his way through Emily's public library. It was fun to have him out and about. There's not much new to report. Parenting has been a big change, but so far it's been immensely rewarding. It does seem to me like the stakes on everything have gone up--there's just more pressure around jobs and scheduling and everything else. I'm often grateful for how healthy he's been. This could have been a much rougher start in so many ways.

I can tell I am stressed to be starting school (orientation next week, classes the week after). I was hired in world history, but will actually be teaching western civ, so I'm not sure how much my background has really prepared me for this. Greek, Hebrew, church history and the rest have surely helped. I will definitely miss having as much time with the baby. We should still have weekends and weeknights together, and hopefully the occasional afternoon.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I'm still reading...sorry I haven't commented in awhile. Glad you are settling in well!