Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Manuscript is in


It's been kind of a crazy week. Yesterday I mailed in the 500 page manuscript for the project I've been working on with my advisor. It felt good to be at this point, and the hope is that it will take some of the pressure off that I've had from the deadline.

Classes are coming along. I struggle sometimes with trying to teach in fields where I know a set of students is checked out, or where I have radically different teaching options. In general I am fairly happy, but I know this is a kind of perennial concern.

Everyone else is coming along. Em's preproposal is set for next Friday, so that is stressing her out a bit. It's another thing she has to prep. The good news is she has an outside reader and she's talking to her advisor tomorrow.

The babies and Sam all seem good. Sam did a gingerbread house over the weekend at a bakery with Em and her mom. Eli's been fussy today, perhaps from his shots. It's been rainy, but we had clear skies this afternoon. I saw someone from church, and a student from five years ago, which was nice. All in all, it's been a fairly good situation.

I have my new computer set up in my office. It makes a difference. I'm at a pivot point now in teaching and with different projects, so I'm grateful to have good technology and to be able to use it. This is also how I stay in touch with people back home, so it also makes that easier.

No comments: