Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas






Below is a post I'd meant to enter earlier, but had just saved as a draft, and I've now added some pictures...

We did Christmas in stages this year--my parents said it sounded to them like the 7 days of Christmas. In early December, when Emily's parents were here, Sam got a new cement truck. It's a Tonka and is super sturdy. I see all three kids enjoying it in the years ahead. Sam also got some books then, like "Goodnight, goodnight, construction site." He had a really fun time with it.

Last Friday I wrapped up some of the presents and put them under the tree. When Sam came home he was outraged that he couldn't open them all (this was his first time with presents under the tree where he knew what a present is). I let him open two presents, including "Wall-E" (a dvd) and then quick hid the rest.  Saturday night he opened two small presents while I skyped with my present, and on Christmas he opened a block set we'd gotten him with a little crane and a dump truck. I like the Duplo Legos because they're essentially unbreakable and unswollowable. Sam's enjoying them and now has some little people and animals that go with the set.

Yesterday really was pretty exhuasting. At the neighbors, Eli broke a fruitbowl and Sam whacked the 8-year old by accident. I still sometimes feel like we're not really presentable for the public as a family. On the other hand, I know they have to be socialized, and part of this family, but some of it also has to come from church, school, neighbors, etc. It is a little exhausting.

That is our life. We have a ham and potatoes so I think we're basically set for a New Year's eve dinner sometime. However, perhaps next week will be a little more quiet.

No comments: