Thursday, August 18, 2011

Not much new...

We're heading into the last weeks of August! We're pretty excited about this. I think I'm going to stop language for a few weeks as I prep for the new semester. Emily and I probably need a day trip sometime also. The start of the semester is always a little rough. There are a couple of overnight retreats (faculty, student) followed by various chapel services, informational meetings, etc., and then the kick off of classes. This year I'm supposed to be close to full time, so I'll be doing more preaching, advising, tutorials, and the like. I think it will be okay. In some ways it's been hard to be only one foot into the commmunity. This year I'm going to really put my time into campus life.

I'm also a bit behind now on projects that were supposed to be finished. I think a lot of this is parenthood. I was telling a student I know that it used to be I could get a lot of work done between 9-2 at night, and now anything after five just doesn't go.

Eva is at a record setting (for her) 7.45 kg. I haven't checked out the weight charts, but it should take her out of the 1-5% category where she's been. We're hopeful about it, at least. It means that stopping the medicine hasn't led to a sudden drop in appetite or weight. Our next doctor visits are the coming Monday or Tuesday (forget which) and then a week later. The first is the local hospital and the second is the university research hospital.

I wish I had more to share, but that's it! The picture is one I took a few weeks ago.


No comments: