Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Camera is Packed

Sometime here I will add recent pictures, and I still need to excavate the camera from the rubble that is our apartment. There's some urgency on this, since Samuel is being incredibly cute lately. He's already working on his rolling over. He's using it as a way to move his little baby body closer to us. He likes being held overhead, and having his feet or cheeks kissed. He has developed some new sounds--the start of a laugh and a little bark he gives occasionally. Our brains our totally baby tracked lately.

Personally, I am finding myself stretched by this new combination of life developments: the Baby, the Move, the Job... I am loving them all, but collectively they are crushing me. I think partly I can feel the doors shutting. For a P it is very hard to surrender the hope that I can be all things. While, there are always new options, at least for this year I am a historian in NW NJ, with a shared office and an apartment. For the coming year, formal ministry, travel, and conferencing will be a smaller part of my life. I'm still thinking about how I feel about this.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I hope all of the stresses are starting to work themselves out for you guys! Can't wait to see some pictures of Samuel and of the new place (I am sure it can't beat the pink bathrooms of CRW)!!