Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

It was a long, but not especially easy Mother's Day. Eva woke early, church was a little iffy, and we had a funny experience in the park where a middle-aged woman, probably mentally ill, kind of attached herself to us and kept trying to engage us in conversation. Sam was kind of cranky this evening, and we're a little distracted with thinking through what we need for our trip this week. On the upside, we are feeling very grateful for the moms. We're each down to just one grandparent now, and I am missing Grandma. However, we all talked to our families today, my brother, and Aunt Ginny. It's nice to have family that keep in close contact with us. David told me he recorded the service for Grandma, so I'm glad that I'll get to hear the pieces by the pastor, Aunt Nancy, and my dad. Tuesday we are off to the retreat. I'm hoping to have our tickets home figured out soon, and hopefully they'll be ~June 20 to mid-February. I feel like there's too much to do before we get there, but at least we're making progress.

No comments: