Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Anniversaries and other matters



Emily and I have a home-made album with some pictures my Uncle took. Today is our tenth anniversary, so I had fun scanning some of them and putting them up. Markers like this help put things in perspective. Emily said "it feels like twenty years!" Then she apologized for the fact that my hair is graying. I told her it's been a good ten years--just a lot has happened.

These are busy days. I just emailed off a paper for a conference on Saturday. Emily's going to read a sermon I'm using for this Sunday (and reusing on Tuesday for chapel).

And then I just walked into the bathroom and there was a HUGE roach swimming in the toilet. Even more frighteningly, the little nob on the sink was pushed up, so I am wondering where the roach came from. Did she swim up out of the toilet? Crawl up out of the sink and push up the little plunger thing? Come from some other pipe? I really hate rainy season. Emily can kill a roach and go right back to sleep, but they always wake me up for a while.

The other good news is that the most amazing coworker in the world helped me pay my taxes. Yay! Thank you! I'm really glad we didn't have to go down to the main building.

That's the news here. Aren't you glad I don't take pictures of the roaches? Instead enjoy the two pictures above, old and new. I'm liking the scanned old black and white film, and the new slr picture also. Here's planning for another exciting decade ahead, hopefully with fewer roaches...

No comments: