Saturday, December 20, 2008

Storming and Studying

Sam loves to read--we did about 10 books today. I find No No Yes Yes a lot more fun than Western Civ.
The benefit of a popular name is that you get to see it on the cover of books.

He's now a selective crawler. If he sees something he wants, he can be there pretty fast. But he doesn't really just explore, and if the item he seeks is more than 10 feet away he's just not that interested.

Is that not the cutest smile ever? He knows he's learning some skills.

It's been an exciting few days. Yesterday we were snowed under. I took a long walk over to campus to pick up papers in the middle of the storm. It was a fun trip, and I talked to my parents on the way. One of my father's favorite lines for ministers is a quote he stole from the coast guard "we have to go out but we don't have to come back." I was impressed that the Post Office was open, so I mailed some things and picked up a passport app for Sam.
The other pictures above come from today's trip to the library. It was a lot of fun. I worked on the drive up and got some other work done in bursts throughout the day. I have no attention span lately, so I'm finding it very hard to stay engaged with work. I have the urge to spend money or watch videos, or escape the desk, but I can't quite pull it off yet.
I hope you reading this are all well. I can't believe 2008 is racing to a close. I have the feeling that it will be an exciting few weeks ahead of us.

No comments: