Friday, April 4, 2008

Week 2

This evening two weeks ago, Emily began labor. It seems a fitting time to offer some updates. Sam had his second doctor's appointment today. He is now 8 lbs and 8 oz, and 21 inches long. This is a good clip and all of his vitals are good.

He is mostly a delightful baby. He's a relatively good sleeper, and a mild fusser. We're looking forward to some longer sleeping stretches and are curious how that will shape up.

Emily and I are doing well. Her mom leaves Sunday, so it will be just the three of us (and the cat) for several days, and then my parents will arrive later in the week. I sent out some pictures to relatives today, so I am feeling on top of my baby-notifying. Right now Emily and the baby are resting, and Emily's mom is reading. I'll catch up on some e-mail and look forward to a Friday evening with Sam and fam.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Hey Jonathan and Emily! Love the blog! Can't wait until the weather gets warmer so we can all play outside and see a little more of Samuel!

Your neighbor, Jennifer

Would you mind if I linked your blog to mine??