Monday, April 28, 2008

Baby Fun





Above are the daytime activities of Sam. He's getting better at head control, limb-swinging, and gazing.

On this Monday morning, there is not much new to report. We are enjoying a range of activities. Sam does a few minutes of "tummy time" a couple of time a day to work on his head control and (in the future) crawling ability. It's pretty entertaining, even though it often gives him what we call "baby rage."

A couple of days ago, Sam inadvertently peed on the cat while Emily was changing his diaper. It's been a bit of a transition for the cat, who doesn't understand why the new animal can cry as much as he wants and doesn't have to be house trained.

Right now Sam is sitting next to me on the couch and being moderately fussy. He's limb-swinging and making little grunting noises, which may turn into a full-fledged cry. (OK, I just put him on my tummy and now he's calmer.)

I've added new photos to my picasa page, because Grandma Hirtzel noted that "Uncle Bob" would like to see some new pictures. Yeah, Grandma Hirtzel, it was definitely Uncle Bob who wanted to see them....

Emily and I are both flipping out a little bit about the future (more me than her actually). Taiwan or adjuncting here are still strong possibilities, but there may be another option and there's also a long shot. It's all very perplexing. Maybe I am having my own paternal nesting instinct. As much as I love our little one-bedroom nest, after seven years I'm wondering what will come next.

Luckily, babies don't really care much where they live. Since he's a little snuggler, Sam will take a lap over the pack and play or bassinet any morning. Right now his eyes are getting very heavy. Rest well, little guy.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Great pictures! I can't believe how fast time is flying by! Soon we won't be neighbors anymore...