Monday, March 17, 2008

Prenatal PK

On Sunday in church, during a particularly dramatic element of the Palm Sunday service, Emily reports that the little one gave a jump. Our pastor shouted "blasphemy" and banged some wooden clappers. I remember that during Christmas he kicked during some of the organ music. Interestingly, church is one of the few occasions that produces the sort of bass or percussion that even a baby can appreciate.

Tomorrow's our next (last?) doctor's appointment. We're starting to think this would be a good time for him to come. We're about as ready as we will be. He won't exactly have a nursery, or even a play corner, as he's being born into a double-student single room apartment. It's hard to contain the papers and books and documents and computer cords. But we're at an in between time now. I'm off from my university class this week and part of the way through midterm grading. Emily's family arrives Saturday. (I think this will work well, but I'm not sure how it will be for all of us to be in the hospital together.)

Exciting times! It's hard for me to have any sort of mental cohesion lately. I'm sure it will be worse once he comes. I guess I am not great at waiting...

1 comment:

Heidi Haverkamp said...

So exciting, Jon! I hope he comes soon!