Friday, February 28, 2014

Gymnastics

They're enjoying gymnastics lately. The teachers are very good with them and go through an array of activities. Emily said there's less tumbling than in the States, but they seem to be working on basic skills (moving forward and backwards, arm and leg strength, balance, vaulting, hanging from a bar, etc.).

Eli is always a little fidgity and reluctant to stay with the group. Today I saw him and he wanted to come over and sit on me. I talked him back into practice through an appeal to the advanced gymnastics training of the ninja turtles, Robin, and other superheroes. That said, Eli is really strong. He does jumps that most kids need help with. Eva has a blast the whole time, and is flexible.

We've also realized Sam generally does not have the "thrillseeking" gene. He'll do the upside and the flips, but still occasionally gets spooked by lnog flights of stairs and escalators. He'll do them, but he doesn't particularly enjoy it. Both my dad and I are like this with heights. My brother could sit ont he edge of the cliff, but I always wanted to be back five or ten feet.

I'm trying to use my camera more. We've been taking a lot of cell phone pictures, but I miss the clarity of a traditional camera. I'll try to post more pictures in the coming months. I'm splitting my blogging now between this site and a more public one.











No comments: