Sunday, July 21, 2013

I can't believe we're half-way through the summer

It's been a mixed summer. This is our most relaxed summer in probably seven or eight years, following:

  • Summer on the road 2012
  • What is up with Eva 2011
  • Oh now, Emily's pregnant with twins 2010
  • We are preparing for and moving abroad 2009
  • We are moving to rural garden state and fighting with the apartment complex over cats 2008
  • I just finished my PhD and I hope this summer is pretty fun 2007 (that was probably the last carefree summer, now that I think about it)
Still, some positive developments. Emily is working hard on dissertation. Something seems to have clicked a month ago.

I've still been feeling job stress. I think it is good to be working on it now, because if I can head into the fall with things a little more mellow we will have a better fall. It will be fairly intense though, with Emily headed towards defense, a heavy teaching load for me, and our pastor gone at church (with me doing more work). Anyway, I think it can be good but will take some planning. 

The kids are very cute/entertaining. Sam played with the younger neighbor boy, which he loved (lots of talk of Ben 10). He didn't nap today and fell asleep very quickly. His language has mostly bounced back and all three enjoy school.

I had tonsillitus but have recovered. My outlook towards the world is much brighter. There's nothing like disease to really dampen the spirit.

Other updates await--the typhoon of a couple of weeks ago and lost power and a trip to the science museum and all manner of flashlight fun. However, this is enough for tonight. This week I finish grading and recommence planning for the fall classes. It's nice to have time and energy to work hard.

No comments: