Thursday, February 21, 2013

Logistics

The last few days have been filled with logistics: Monday teaching, Tuesday kids to school, Wednesday phones, today bank and local HQ, and then tomorrow/Friday sees us start our second week back.

The weather has been pretty good. Kids are liking seeing the bugs and the like. We're stocked back up on groceries. I was electronics hoarding the last 8 months, so I feel like we're pretty set up right now.We still have other things to do: following up on connections from the US, copy-editing for me, writing for Emily, going to church Sunday, dealing with small things (our stroller here has flat tires and our new stroller has a bent wheel from the airport--not sure how it happened). All OK, but a fair amount to think about.

Today was such an intense day that I did my thing where I wake up at 4am. I wish I didn't do this, but I've tried some work, and listening to music in the dark, and not much is helping. Sometimes I feel like my brain kicks into overdrive, and it's hard to quiet it. I think probably this is just natural given how much we've done the last few weeks. I'm hoping as we settle into a schedule things will quiet somewhat.

We should have some nice visits in the next few week. The Sister Cities program I know of is going to send someone to see us next week and today I'll meet the pastor who I youth directed for during two years in grad school. There's also a grad student I'm supposed to talk to. I think it will be a fun few weeks.

No comments: