Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ports at Sea

It's hard to believe that we're coming up on a month in the US. We're doing pretty well with the transitions, but I still feel like there are a lot of ups and downs. We like being with family, and the kids are having a great time. I'm connecting to congregations and we'll get to see some familiar faces. I had a burst of productivity this week, but the truth is that getting things written and graded is still tough, even when I carve out a few quiet hours. I'm enjoying the small pleasures of being in the states. Everything is in English! I can internet shop! The public library lets you take out a huge quantity of books for weeks at a time with multiple renewals! Other things: we're thinking about weaning at some point. With Emily around 24/7 they want to nurse pretty much continuously. Next up for me is about 9 days on the road. I leave early tomorrow morning and go to a camp for most of the time. I'm excited about the time away but hope it isn't too hard on Emily and also know I'll miss the kid (this is my longe
st trip away). That's us for now! And attached are some pictures from the Indi trip.

No comments: