Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Healthy Sam is a Happy Sam








Now that we are cold free and Sam's been at daycare every day this week, our life is looking up. We had a really fun day on Saturday, visiting the local library, shopping, and spending some time together. Sam was excited to get a "car" book. Don't ask how us he became enthralled with cars--it just seemed to happen along the way. The library was fun for Emily also and we both have cards now.
This week Sam has been really giggly and happy. He's say more words. In addition to his Chinese words last week, this week he is saying "rock" more clearly and has also added "up" and "down" and probably a few other words. We're excited about what the next months will bring.
There's not much news on the two of us. I'm now maxed out on technology we got an LG tv this (a Taiwanese brand) and I've been able to take more spontaneous pictures on the iphone. I've downloaded some flashcard programs and hope they'll help me with a Chinese test I'm taking in a few weeks. It's still a big adjustment, but little victories help to give us that sense of momentum. I met with another teacher this morning, and then a student/classmate who I really admire later in the morning. It's fun to have these chances for collaboration and shared work.
Not a whole lot else to say. I will update as possible.


No comments: