Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The baby is moving and shaking

So Emily's confirmed that it is kicking and punching, now sometimes several times a day. According to our searching, the baby should be closing on 2lbs and 15 inches. He is still kicking down and out (away from the ribs), but this will probably change at some point. Emily's not loving sleeping on her left side, but these are the current recommendations.

She keeps saying, "I just want to see him." And that is the challenge of where we are: waiting. We have some idea of what to expect. We have some sensation that he is growing and moving. And some small idea of how he looks. But mostly we have to just wait.

5 comments:

Heidi Haverkamp said...

How wonderful that he's moving enough that you can feel him. It's such a miracle, really.

Desert Mama said...

if you want to try "seeing" how he's positioned, check out this link...
http://spinningbabies.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=32
it explains how to use the mom's perceptions of movement and use them to visualize baby's position. I found it pretty cool -

Desert Mama said...

that link looks like it won't work - go to spinningbabies.com and look for belly mapping under baby positions...

Jon said...

That's an interesting site! Did you use this for birth DM? It looks like there are some interesting articles there.

Desert Mama said...

oh, I used lots of things....my labor and birth stories are kind of long....I'd be happy to share but probably not here. I really am glad I had midwives for care providers - and for birth preparation and labor I would highly recommend the hypnobabies program. actually, if you're interested in hyponbabies, e-mail me and i'll send you my book and cd's -